Next up in our series of YouTube channels, our selection of Brazilian and Portuguese YouTube channels: the best way to learn Portuguese. I hope that learning Portuguese with YouTube videos will be as interesting, fun and effective as it was for me. If you’re interested, you can also take a look at our selection of the best YouTube channels for learning Italian and English.
Is Watching YouTube the Best Way to Learn Portuguese? Check Out These 5 Channels…
Subscribing to and watching content on YouTube channels is a new way of approaching language learning. And in our opinion, it’s one of, if not the best way to learn Portuguese. The channels we’ve chosen for you include grammar lessons, exercises and conversations, which will help you broaden your knowledge of the language the fun way.
- The main goal is to help viewers improve and get a better grasp of Portuguese in an unconventional way.
- You will find nice lessons designed for students with a basic and intermediate level. They’ll help you pick up vocabulary, improve your pronunciation and understand grammar better.
- Their videos about learning the language through music are especially interesting. And their interviews with different people about various subjects are worth watching, too.
What should you expect? Grammar lessons, interviews, songs to learn the language, and common mistakes made by foreigners.
2. Hello, Rusty
- Rusty’s content targets beginners and teaches the very basics of the language. It is perfect if you’re just starting out or if you’re planning a trip to Brazil or Portugal.
- As the topics for beginners are covered, the lessons move from being for beginners to pre-intermediate. This aspect of the channel is nice because you can keep watching even as you make progress.
- The channel focuses mostly on vocabulary and grammar. But you can also find the most common vocab anyone should know before boarding a plane to a Portuguese-speaking country.
What should you expect? Lessons focused on grammar, everyday and specific vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Portuguese lessons organized by skill level as well as specific themes (e.g. pronunciation, vocabulary, phrases). His table of contents helps you choose the lessons according to your needs.
- The lessons from the teacher, Jason, are very well designed, his explanations are clear and the content is user friendly.
- The lessons target students at basic, intermediate and advanced levels. Some sections are designed to help broaden vocabulary and understand Portuguese culture.
- Jason also teaches Spanish on his channel, so kill two birds with one stone if you’re interested!
What should you expect? Grammar and pronunciation lessons, useful phrases, vocabulary and Spanish lessons
- This channel is dedicated to teaching Portuguese as well as other subjects, like math, biology, literature and history. Ideal for students with an intermediate and advanced level interested in subjects related to their profession or academic interests.
- Various teachers present key points of their classes using an interactive, clear and coherent presentation.
- Find useful tips for studying a subject or language in the section called “How to Study.” If you are preparing for a test or essay, explore their lessons on writing. If you’re more interested in culture, check out the section called “Brazilian Movie Week.”
What should you expect? Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and spelling lessons as well as lessons in Portuguese of different subjects and cultural themes.
- This Learn Portuguese YouTube channel aims to teach Portuguese as easily, fun and quickly as possible. The lessons will help you perfect every aspect of the language (speaking, writing, listening, and reading).
- They design their 3-minute lessons to teach vocabulary, grammar, and phonetics. Learn useful expressions like how to present yourself, apologize and express your gratitude.
- The main focus of this channel is to help students with their listening skills. It includes 70 lessons with exercises.
What should you expect? Lessons to improve listening comprehension and pronunciation, useful phrases, grammar and vocabulary.
Other Useful Channels for Portuguese Learners
- Porta dos Fundos (comedy, entertainment)
- Manual do Mundo (interesting and fun chemistry experiments)
We think watching YouTube is the best way to learn Portuguese, because it’s both entertaining and educational! I hope these 5 channels will help you familiarize yourself with Portuguese and prepare you to immerse yourself in its culture. If you’re looking for tools for learning Portuguese vocabulary, make sure you download our free language learning kit. And of course, our app for learning Portuguese is available on the iTunes store and Google Play.
Did you like this article?One click won't cost you anything, but it would mean a lot to us:
Get your free kitOver 3 million members improve their language skills every day with our exclusive tips. And it's 100% FREE:
Want to start improving your language skills today?
Good news: we can help!
More good news: you can start for free! With your free trial, for the next 15 days you can test drive the most effective method for learning a language!
Vocabulary flashcards, videos with subtitles, audiobooks, articles adapted to your level – with MosaLingua Web, you’ll have access to all this and more! Get started right now (it’s free and easy to sign up).